We explain what physical fitness is and what are its components. Aerobic capacity, flexibility, endurance, strength, speed, and more.
What is physical fitness?
Physical fitness refers to the ability of a person to perform some type of physical activity . It is about the natural condition that humans have to do any activity.
Physical fitness is something that a person develops as time goes by. Any quality can be improved through practice and effort .
Each person has a different physical quality for what is best developed, however, whatever that quality is, one must have a good physical fitness, which, among other components, consists of aerial capacity Basic and flexibility.
More in: Sports.
Aerobic capacity is the body's ability to perform long-term physical activities, as well as being of low or high intensity with an estimated time of three to four minutes.
Aerobic activities do not need a great physical effort, the most important is the duration of each of them. This type of training is mainly responsible for removing accumulated fat from the body, immediately someone who exercises in this way will notice how the circumferences of his body, especially the abdomen, begin to be reduced.
Flexibility is the ability of muscles to stretch without damaging them in any way . Flexibility is dependent on muscle elasticity and joint mobility in the body.
However, there are many factors that also help flexibility, they are genetic inheritance, age, the smaller you are in age, the more elastic the body has. For physiological reasons women have more flexibility than men .
Other important factors are the ambient temperature and the muscular temperature, a preheating is always essential before performing any type of physical activity and never requiring the muscles too much, since this would cause great damage in them, in some cases even irreversible.
In addition to being composed of these two factors, physical fitness also develops from:
- Muscular endurance Muscle endurance is the number of times that you take in each workout, that is, the body itself has resistance in itself, but you must carry out the resistance in the upper body repeatedly.
- Muscular strength. It is the ability of a muscle to perform a certain amount of force to achieve better resistance in a single effort.
- Joint mobility In joint mobility, muscles, bone structure, tendons and ligaments are involved. It is necessary that the joints be strengthened through physical activity, so if they are not in a good state, other factors, such as muscular endurance, cannot be trained
- Muscle elongation It is the most important thing before doing physical activity. Stretching and relaxing the elongating muscles prevents us from injury and future damage, it is about preparing the body to strengthen it.
- Anaerobic Potential They are the activities of reduced time and with a great level of intensity.
- Muscle power It refers to the amount of training and work done in a certain amount of time. In athletes it is very important to have a good muscle power training, since with it they will be able to excel in certain activities.
It can serve you: Resistance.